Kayak Reviews and More - The Wilderness Review
We provide independent kayak reviews for outdoor enthusiasts. We have a great community of sportsmen providing in-depth reviews as well as product specifications and features. We don’t receive any kickbacks or free product; these assessments are written with the consumer in mind.
Beyond providing reliable information, we also handle many genres of wilderness gear in general. We cover canoes, camping gear, ice fishing equipment, and much more. If it has to do with the being in nature, we want to use it and share our experiences!
Our Latest Posts
- Eskimo Redneck Economy Chisel Review - Don’t let the name fool you; the Eskimo Redneck Economy Chisel is miles away from any type of compromise. This no-nonsense ice chisel ...
- Wave Sport Mobius 65 Kayak - If you are a larger paddler or just enjoy a spacious cockpit area, then this is right up your alley. It will adapt ...
- Frabill Thermal Predator SideStep Ice Shelter Review - The Frabill Thermal Predator SideStep Ice Shelter is part of the flagship line of Predator series ice shelters. This particular model combines two ...
- Sea to Summit Bomber Tie Downs Review - The Sea to Summit Bomber Tie Downs are exactly what you need to keep your canoe or kayak safe and secure during transport. ...
- Ocean Banzai Kid’s Kayak Review - The Ocean Banzai Kid’s Kayak is Ocean Kayak’s latest sit-on-top (SOT) kayak for kids to get their feet wet on the water. When ...
- Best Places to Kayak in Alaska - Alaska is a beautiful place, with plenty of great scenery on along it's rivers. However, I found some places that, if you happen ...
- Wave Sport Mobius 49 Kayak Review - The Wave Sport Mobius 49 is the first of three sizes released as part of the Mobius line of kayaks. Smaller than both ...
- Best Places to Kayak in Central Florida - Florida is quite large of a state, making it easy for anyone who is indecisive to get confused on where to go if ...
- Sea to Summit Bomber Booties Review - The Sea to Summit Bomber Booties are a must-have accessory for any serious kayaker. When you’re out on the water, the last thing ...
- Basics on How to Paddleboard - Paddleboarding is one of the most exciting ways to get out on the water. Here are some basic instructions on how to properly ...
We choose kayaks as our primary topic because it runs in our blood. Every contributor on our site must have a background in paddling. This all started from my personal experience in the industry; working as a web designer for a major brand. My passion for the outdoors has grown ever since, but my roots are firmly locked into paddling.
We don’t just stop at kayak reviews alone, either. We cover all the accessories like paddles, dry bags, safety equipment, and so much more. Want to sport a new PFD or lifejacket this summer? If it involves paddling, we are always testing out new equipment.
Canoes and Other Watercraft
We also test canoes as well as highlight other watercraft product features and specifications. From pedal boats and Jon boats to canoes and paddleboards, we cover everything that hits the water! We have a deep passion for the water, and we take our evaluation process very seriously.
Fishing and Ice Fishing Gear
Being based in Minnesota, we have an affinity to ice fishing. One of our most covered product lines is ice fishing gear. Whether you want to research your new ice shelter or want to get a new ice chisel or auger, we get hands-on with all of the most popular brands.
But being in the land of 10,000 lakes (actually 11,842), we also like to fish on the open water, too. When the heat is up and the sun is out, there’s nothing better than going out to write fishing kayak reviews while also testing new rods, reels, and more.
Other Outdoor Gear
Though we may seem centered on kayak reviews and other water-based activities, we like to hit the soil too. Our team of contributors comes from unique backgrounds. Each brings their own special passions to the mix. Our goal is to provide you with a well-rounded experience for everything.
That means you’ll see camping gear scrutinized, and everything that goes with it. Tents, sleeping bags, coolers, cookware; we use it all so we cover it all. Camping can be a great time to be at one with nature. By heeding the advice of our camping gear assessments, you can streamline you experience. Focus on what matters, not on struggling with poorly designed gear.
The Benefits of Utilizing Our Website
With so many sites out there offering their personal views, knowing who to trust can be tough. Rest assured we scrutinize our content for accuracy. Our writers are real people with a real passion for their chosen activities. With opinions you can trust and accurate product specs and features, we hope to be a great resource for your purchases. Here are a few benefits of using our website.
We cannot overstate this enough. All the information on our site is geared towards the consumer. We don’t sell anything, and we don’t endorse any particular brand of gear. We are completely objective, but have the insights and experience to provide quality kayak reviews.
See What’s Trending
Stay up-to-date with the latest trends in every area of outdoor sports. Check out our list of the top 10 kayaks of 2018 to see what’s popular. If there’s something new and cool on the market, we’ll let you know about it.
Save You Time
Shopping for outdoor gear can be very time consuming. Sorting through the hype and the bologna can be a daunting task. By getting the opinion on one of our experts, you can speed up the decision making process. If you like a specific item, read what we have to say, too. It’s really that simple.
Save You Money
Most outdoor gear worth buying is going to have a sizable price tag. Why would you spend your money on something you aren’t sure about? Let us help you know what to expect before it’s too late. There’s a lot of bunk gear out there, spend it to get what you actually want.
Our Commitment to Quality
We vet each of our contributors to make sure they have a legitimate background in the areas they write. Every writer must perform kayak reviews regularly, but they also have unique experience in specific areas. One contributor tests a lot of rock climbing gear. Another is always acquiring new ice fishing equipment. By vetting our contributors and choosing based on diverse experience, we can provide the highest quality kayak reviews on the web.